Monday, September 23, 2019

Update



Update
By Marcus Banks
Hello Reader. It’s been quite some time since we last spoke. I have been down in the dumps. Kanye was right. Medication does kill genius. Mental Health medication kills genius. I have been resurrected though. I am hungry again. I want to be an artist again.
I am now more stable then when I was writing about Raven. The medication has got me where I am not psychotic so that’s good. I have my own place now. I was living on the streets when I recorded my old music. I was living in the salvation army or in porta-potties in and out of asylums and jails but I still was committed to my artistry. I was addicted to social media. I was chasing fame and not enjoying being an underground legend. But that led me to my battle with Charles Hamilton. That led to so many classic songs. So many that I can look back and say I want a collection of my favorite tracks so I can put them on the web for free to download.
I have yet to have anyone download my albums. They once all were for free but now they cost an high amount of money for a (digital album anyway). I figure if Wu-Tang can sell an album for a million then me asking for $100.00 isn’t a big deal. Not to mention what Nipsey Hussle was charging for his album at one time. These are gangster rappers I am writing love stories. I am giving you true stories about mental health. I am giving you my everything. But this Best Of Jet Lee Jetson will be free for download. It will be dedicated to Etika (the youtube gamer). I see so many similarities in his and my story and I wonder had I been successful with my suicide would it have prevented his. We were on the same path and I think it shows where the future of mental health and suicide is going. I did not want the legend to be forgotten so I am using his image on the front and back cover of this album.
It’s ten tracks. All bangers. I will be releasing this album October 2nd on bandcamp and this blog. If you want a good feel of what Otaku hip hop sounds like and what I can do on the mic…a good introduction into my work then I advise you to download this album. Who knows how long it will be available for free. I also have physical copies of Raven’s Home: The Album I will be selling online and in my city of Augusta. Follow me on Instagram @JetLeeJetson and DM me for details on how to buy the album.
I know I haven’t been active. I know I have been in a fucked up mood. But I am better now. I will try and update the blog weekly if not more. I am about to live on the web like I did when I was insane but this time not as mentally ill. I will be beat the medicine.
I also am working on a new album called Idoru 2.0: A Love Letter to Brenda Song. I am entering the second chapter of my career as Jet Lee Jetson and I am moving on from Raven. I am now focusing on the Asian Goddess Brenda Song and my music is going to be a reflection of that. I am going to work on an album as good as my first Idoru and keep the legacy going when it comes to dedicating music to positive female role models.
Check out the album artwork for both of these works and be patient. We will be back in full effect soon mutants.

Anyway. That’s about it for now. I have a lot of things I want to talk about and I will soon. Just want to work on some music right now. Thanks for reading reader and stay tuned. This blog will always be dedicated to Raven and all we have been through but I welcome you to another branch of Otaku Hip Hop. I must evolve. Took awhile to get my mind back together but here I am and I am ready to blow your mind.

Thanks again.

Mutants we are progress.

See Ya Space Cowboy.



No comments:

Post a Comment